Changes

Talk about anything here...

Moderators: Darobat, RecursiveS, Dante Shamest, Bugdude, Wizard

Changes

Postby Wizard » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:55 pm

A bunch of stuff that I've been putting off for a while.

I rearranged the forums so they should be more intuitive. Anyone disagree, let me know.
I'll be installing the topic reporting mod found here unless someone else can think of a better one.
There was a bunch of smilies which I believe it was CF who created. I can now put those up, if he so chooses.
More mods. A list is currently being composed and debated. Yes, Invictus, you are on that list. Patience.
Preventing guests from posting as "Guest" is not so much a major issue now, but should still be looked into. I've not seen an official mod for this, but it's an easy fix in the php.

Anything else I'm forgetting?
Last edited by Wizard on Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard
Site Admin

Re: Changes

Postby jsacret » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:57 pm

Wizard wrote:A bunch of stuff that I've been putting off for a while.

I rearranged the forums so they should be more intuitive. Anyone disagree, let me know.
I'll be installing the topic reporting mod found [url=http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/568]here[/url unless someone else can think of a better one.
There was a bunch of smilies which I believe it was CF who created. I can now put those up, if he so chooses.
More mods. A list is currently being composed and debated. Yes, Invictus, you are on that list. Patience.
Preventing guests from posting as "Guest" is not so much a major issue now, but should still be looked into. I've not seen an official mod for this, but it's an easy fix in the php.

Anything else I'm forgetting?

theres no clapping smily but :claps:

not literly heh
My spirit is bent and there's blood on my hands

the question is not what is the world to you, its what are u to the world...

and the world thinks im nothing
jsacret

Postby Invictus » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:01 pm

*thumbs up*

The smiley... that was soo long ago. I said the :P smiley doesn't look like someone sticking out their tounge. It looks like someone with their mouth open.

Instead it should be replaced with this: Image

Also... Unix/Linux & Game Programming What does *nix have to do with game programming? And r4nd0m has been asking for a networking forum for some time now and I agree.
Last edited by Invictus on Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Invictus

Postby Wizard » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:03 pm

jsacret wrote:theres no clapping smily but :clap:

not literly heh

Done and done :D
Wizard
Site Admin

Postby Invictus » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:06 pm

One more thing... I think Contests should be below Open Discussion.

I acctually like the old layout better.
Invictus

Postby jsacret » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:15 pm

Wizard wrote:
jsacret wrote:theres no clapping smily but :clap:

not literly heh

Done and done :D

yay :clap:

jsacret

Postby r4nd0m » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:37 pm

I never been asking for a networking forum? But, it does make sense, in a way, seening the other categories we have, although it can easily fit into general [there aren't many networking questions anyway]

oh, and all these php & mysql errors really don't look goood ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand -- strawberries in the other screaming WOO HOO!
r4nd0m

Postby jsacret » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:47 pm

// Report post hack $lang['Report_no_access'] = "You haven't the permission to use this function of the report post hack!"; $lang['Report_disabled'] = "Posts of this user can't be reported."; $lang['Report_post_already_reported'] = "This post is already reported"; $lang['Report_post_self'] = "You can't report your own post."; $lang['Report_already_removed'] = "This report is already removed."; $lang['Report_no_posts'] = "No (additional) reported posts!"; $lang['Report_no_title'] = "No title"; $lang['Reporter'] = "Reporter"; $lang['Report_posts'] = "Reported posts"; $lang['Report_popup_text'] = "Follow posts has been reported:"; $lang['Report_deleted'] = "Report removed."; $lang['Report_post_reported'] = "Report submitted. Thank you."; $lang['Report_post'] = "Report this post to Moderator/Admin."; $lang['Report_del'] = "Remove report."; $lang['Report_no_popup'] = "Open report popup on new reports"; $lang['Report_no_mail'] = "Notify per email if someone report a post"; $lang['Report_reload_window'] = "Reload window"; $lang['Report_no_auth'] = "You can't report posts because you aren't logged in or this function is locked for you."; $lang['Report_open_popup'] = "Open report popup"; $lang['Report_list'] = "Report list";
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cpp-hom/public_html/forum/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1034) in /home/cpp-hom/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 500

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cpp-hom/public_html/forum/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1034) in /home/cpp-hom/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 502

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cpp-hom/public_html/forum/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1034) in /home/cpp-hom/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 503

why do i get this on the top of every page

jsacret

Postby Wizard » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:49 pm

because I installed the mod wrong.
*sigh* Lesson learned, disable board before doing anything :P
Returning to old in a few minutes, and I'll try again tonight.
Wizard
Site Admin

Postby Wizard » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:04 pm

Invictus wrote:I acctually like the old layout better.

Are you saying that because you're used to it, or because you actually think it's better that way?
Wizard
Site Admin

Postby jlou » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:14 pm

I like the current layout (after I deleted my cookies to get rid of the crap that jsacret mentioned... or maybe you just fixed it :?: ).

I would consider moving Homeworks above Windows programming and probably above General, so that newbies see it first. A lot of new posters triple post as they find each new forum that is more appropriate. More experienced people will know to look down a few centimeters.

It will take a little time to get used to, but it makes more sense.
jlou

Postby Invictus » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:16 pm

r4nd0m wrote:I never been asking for a networking forum? But, it does make sense, in a way, seening the other categories we have, although it can easily fit into general [there aren't many networking questions anyway]

oh, and all these php & mysql errors really don't look goood ;)

Maybe it was tilex.
Invictus

Postby Wizard » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Ok, a caps 'P' will make a :P
a lower 'p' will make a :p
Wizard
Site Admin

Postby Kybo Ren » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:25 pm

:clap:
Yay :)
Kybo Ren
C++ Beginner

Postby jsacret » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:30 pm

Last edited by jsacret on Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jsacret

Next

Return to Open Discussion