spam protection

Talk about anything here...

Moderators: Darobat, RecursiveS, Dante Shamest, Bugdude, Wizard

spam protection

Postby exomo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:47 am

Dear admins/mods,

I don't know who is in charge for managing this board, but I would really appreciate if someone improved the spam protection of this board.
First we should change the questions used by Textual Confirmation, I don't think the bots are very smart, but the questions are too easy. And perhaps someone could add a filter that deletes every user that posts a link that contains "*stupid spam bots*" and all of this damn *stupid spam bots* ad posts automatically.

I really liked this board, I know it's not anymore what it used to be, but somehow I still like it. But the recent flood of *stupid spam bots* posts really gets annoying.

Please let me know if anyone is reading this and if there is anything that can be done.

exomo
Who needs a signature anyway.
exomo

Re: spam protection

Postby Wizard » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:22 am

Sorry, I've been away for a week and a half and haven't been able to keep up. Unfortunately I no longer have access to the source server nor any idea who to contact about it. There's a captcha in place, and that worked for a while, but not anymore apparently. The last couple weeks have been brutal.
Wizard
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion