A shocking read

Talk about anything here...

Moderators: Darobat, RecursiveS, Dante Shamest, Bugdude, Wizard

A shocking read

Postby tomcant » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:19 am

Greetings,

It has been some years since I was a regular poster on here, although I do check back every now and again just to see how things are getting along. I stumbled upon a very interesting article just the other day that made me think of C++ Home, so low and behold here I am sharing it with you all.

The article struck me as somewhat concerning, and I was wondering what you all thought. Some of you will already have read it, some won't. I call you all to point your browser of choice at: the interesting article.

I spent many, many hours on this forum learning C/C++ when I was growing up. I can't help but feel that many of those memories have been tainted by The Man himself.

Aside from this possibly shocking read, I hope everyone I remember is alright!

Share your thoughts :)
If it wasn't for C, we would be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL.
tomcant

Re: A shocking read

Postby Wizard » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:56 am

I don't see any reason to believe this is true, not in the slightest :P
Either it's fake, or Stroustrup is a poor developer and that reporter is an even worse interviewer. It definitely reads like someone attempting to write a shock piece, rather than an interviewer trying to get to the bottom of something, right down to the inclusion of the "hmmm" in the last few lines of the interview, something which would either have been glossed over in the transcript or included more often throughout.
Given that it's also appearing on a lot of humour sites since a decade ago (2001 is over a decade ago! :shock:) and this followup I'm leaning even more towards hoax. :P
And I'm doing quite alright, how's yourself? :D
Wizard
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion