Weird USB problem

Talk about anything here...

Moderators: Darobat, RecursiveS, Dante Shamest, Bugdude, Wizard

Weird USB problem

Postby ventsyv » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:17 am

I'm seeing a weird USB problem. I connect to a device running Windows CE. The device is recognized, Windows sync starts, and I can browse the file structure on the device through Explorer. If I start copying a larger file though (1MB or so), the device stops responding and the connection is interrupted. Sometimes it works, but usually I have to try a few times before the file copies. It does seem to work fine for small file - around 100k or so. If I unplug the usb cable and plug it back in the connection resumes (but the file transfer has failed).

Sorry for the rant, just wondering what is going on...
ventsyv

Re: Weird USB problem

Postby Wizard » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Reminds me of a problem I had years ago with my PSP. If I recall correctly, it was an issue with it being plugged into a high speed port on the PC. Try connecting it to a low speed port (if you have one) or through a USB hub.
Wizard
Site Admin

Postby ventsyv » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:49 pm

I switched the cable and now everything works fine. Very weird because I had no problems connecting and transferring smaller files ...
ventsyv

Postby jsmorrison55 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:55 pm

i think it's about USB2.0 and 1.0 issues. i guess, some older PCs have USB1.0 and newer gadgets that have USB cables for transfers has 2.0 installed in them. somehow, i can recall some time ago that i experienced that too, its just a compatibility issue. :thumbs:
jsmorrison55

Return to Open Discussion