Your web hosting provider?

Talk about anything here...

Moderators: Darobat, RecursiveS, Dante Shamest, Bugdude, Wizard

Your web hosting provider?

Postby 0zas » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 am

I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking http://www.hosting24.com/ at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.
0zas

Re: Your web hosting provider?

Postby ventsyv » Tue May 18, 2010 10:07 am

GoDaddy is good. You probably don't need 1000GB of disk, make sure you have adequate bandwidth.
ventsyv

Postby cweb255 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:46 pm

Can I bump this for more replies? I'm about to purchase a new website after being fed up with the downtime and slow servers.
cweb255

Postby Wizard » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 am

I've always been happy with TopClasshost
The only time I've ever had a problem with them is when one of their raids had a hard drive failure, and while it was in the middle of rebuilding the new drive, another one had a failure taking out the entire drive. They were down for about a week while they rebuilt everything, restored from backups, apologized to users. I got 2 free months out of the deal, and they were quick to respond and accept responsibility for the problem, so they keep my business.
Wizard
Site Admin

Postby dennism12a » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:11 am

I would say Go daddy is the best but you can even try out host monster. I have heard some good stuff about it. Hope this helps.

Thanks
dennism12a

Postby somneim » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:15 pm

I signed up with one.com because they have very neat cheap web hosting plans with free support. I had some exceptions for my website and their developers came with it.
somneim

Postby gueward » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:30 am

A few months ago I was also looking for a new web hosting provider. I compared many different provider and finally I have chosen IX webhosting because they had the best offer. They offer reasonable prices, their server downtime is very low and they offer excellent customer support which is crucial to me. So I am very satisfied with them and can really recommend them as web host.
gueward

Return to Open Discussion