Could you merge these two forums to one? (to the webmaster )

Talk about anything here...

Moderators: Darobat, RecursiveS, Dante Shamest, Bugdude, Wizard

Could you merge these two forums to one? (to the webmaster )

Postby guest » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:49 pm

I think it would be very good to merge the "General" forum with the "For beginners" forums to one. I don't like the idea of having two different forums which, actually, do the same job. Not to mention the fact that some people don't even know where they should post.
It would be much more better to have one foum for questions/discussions related to C++/c.

I hope you can do sth about this, and help everybody out..

P.S: And i am very bored to click two different links to see sth i wanted to see with one click! Really; that's very annoying...

Re: Could you merge these two forums to one? (to the webmast

Postby RecursiveS » Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:27 pm

guest wrote:I think it would be very good to merge the "General" forum with the "For beginners" forums to one. I don't like the idea of having two different forums which, actually, do the same job. Not to mention the fact that some people don't even know where they should post.
It would be much more better to have one foum for questions/discussions related to C++/c.

I hope you can do sth about this, and help everybody out..

I have some sympathy with this view - the General forum is labeled as a discussion of C/C++ issues.....

However, I still think it a good idea to differentiate between the various levels of question - a beginner may well be willing to answer another beginner's question, but might feel intimidated if the question was asked in a general forum...

How about a Beginners forum; an Intermediate/Advanced forum and a C++ Language forum, losing the "General" forum ??

It should be noted that this is Loobian's sole call, but if enough members want it - who knows?

P.S: And i am very bored to click two different links to see sth i wanted to see with one click! Really; that's very annoying...

Not sure what you mean here - can you give more details ??
RecursiveS
Site Admin

Postby MXP » Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:46 pm

I have no problem with the current setup. I dont think I would have a problem with a combined For Beginners and General. The one problem I see with the current setup is, as the OP mentioned, there is a haziness to where a post should go.
Need information on a function I've posted? Chances are it's at the MSDN.
MXP

Postby loobian » Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:35 pm

Hi there!

I have no problem with merging them (I am not sure this is possible, by the default features of phpBB but I can write a script)... the thing is that in the past, there was only a General forum, and all posts were directed there (including newbie posts)... and those who were not newbies, got pretty nervous from the newbies and started to act very agressivly and in arogant way... they was saying this question was stupid, that question was stupid, and stuff like that...
That's why I did the Beginners forum, where all newbies go to ask their questions... this way, we kind of divide the questions into two categories of knowledge- newbie, and regular/expert...

Anyway, if people want, I can put a poll about that... I just think that this way is better, but as I said- if most people want them merged- no problem.
loobian
Site Admin

Postby Wizard » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:20 pm

So perhaps, as was mentioned, a beginner and intermediate forum would be a good idea. Just rename the general forum. It still would serve the same purpose.
No muss, no fuss. Or something.
Wizard
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion