Need help on a new MMORPG

Questions regarding game mechanics and graphic programming should go here.

Moderators: Darobat, RecursiveS, Dante Shamest, Bugdude, Wizard

Need help on a new MMORPG

Postby Kennardi » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:21 am

Hello guys,

I am hiring a new proggrammer which is experience with C++ or Visual basic for the new MMORPG

I do not want to talk more about the MMORPG since I will keep this to private at the moment until we've almost done in the development.

Basically, it's a 2d mmorpg and mostly played by keyboard.

PS: We are not in any miragesource or whatsoever source. We're independent.

If you're good at proggraming, please PM me. I dont mind paying :wink:
Kennardi

Postby t i l e x » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:53 am

We've said it countless times. Coding an MMORPG takes much more than a few programmers and graphists, you need a lot of people and many many machines to test your game which can't be done with a few guys together..
t i l e x

Postby Darryl » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:59 am

First time I've ever seen the word "graphist" but doing a search reveals it's fairly common even if it's not in the dictionary. Guess that'll be one of the new words they'll be adding soon.

@OP, how much you paying? I'll work on a doomed project for pay :-)

I am actually one of those few people that think a single person could do a mmorpg. But they'd have to be like one of those monks that can paint the Mona Lisa on a grain of rice. No social life whatsoever and no other work, locked up in a monastery with a vow of silence.

Can you chat over the internet with a vow of silence? hmmm
Darryl

Postby t i l e x » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:02 am

I'm sorry. I probably derived it from the french word "Graphiste" which is basically a visual artist.
t i l e x

Postby MXP » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:08 pm

The hard part about making an MMORPG isnt necessarily making it. In fact, the 'multiplayer online role-playing game' part could be done with a single, very dedicated person. The 'massively' part is the most difficult. Questions like, "who is paying for the hardware?", "how are you paying for the bandwidth?", and "how do you make this scale?" are some important and difficult questions that a single person probably cant answer.
Need information on a function I've posted? Chances are it's at the MSDN.
MXP

Postby ventsyv » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:03 pm

I love it !!
I am hiring a new proggrammer which is experience with C++ or Visual basic for the new MMORPG ... I dont mind paying

If you are hiring, I expect :
1. You are paying or
2. Some kind of profit sharing.

On the other hand if you are looking for someone to help you out for free, such as in an Open Source project and/or if the project is just for fun, don't say you are hiring.

Also, if you want to be successful in recruiting people, I suggest correcting your grammar and giving people a few more details about the project. The fact that you are looking for C++ or VB programmers tells me that this is not a project at all. It is just an idea you had one day and you figured asking people to help you.

No disrespect but you sound like a script kiddie, without any programming experience.
ventsyv

Return to Games and Graphics